Tuesday, June 15, 2010

God-given Talent

Billings, Montana

    If you don't know me all that well, I am an avid golfer. So naturally one of my goals in life would be to play all 50 states before I die. Well, after a beautiful wedding in Carpenteria, California, my dad and I are on a four state golf trip. As of right now I sit at 23 states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Texas, and Utah.
    Today marked the day of adding the 24th state to that list, Wyoming! Today my dad and I played golf at the 3 Crowns Golf Club in Casper, Wyoming. It was an awesome course and I played really well. I shot an even par 72!  Here is a photo of me at the course today, rocking my Baker University golf team polo! I looked like and played like a Baker University golfer today.
    Going on my golf trip I have had a lot of time to think about my spiritual life and how I can use this god-given talent to help others in need of faith. It is kind of hard with a sport like golf to use it to help someone but I think if I keep at it and look hard enough, I can find some way of using this god-given talent for some good. As of right now though, I can think of a work in progress that could possibly be using my god-given talent of golf to help someone else. Sean Walsh, a future freshmen golfer at Baker next year and a great friend, is joining the faith first group at Baker next year. I haven't really had a good chance to talk with Sean about his faith but I think that this is a great step toward faith, if it isn't already present in his life. I hope that this will lead to a great spiritual life for Sean and that we can use golf as a source of faith.
    The other great thing about my goal of playing all 50 states is that I am going to experience all of God's land and see all of the wonders He has put into His "playground". Although the great amount of hours it takes to get from state to state is tiring, the unfamiliar views you get from driving through a new state is amazing. It is wonderful to see snow capped mountains in the middle of June! God is amazing and His land is beautiful.

"If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

No comments:

Post a Comment